Sunday, July 25, 2010

Night And Day



ONE of my biggest dilemmas almost every morning is deciding what bag/ purse/tote to use. I know it sounds trivial, but it’s actually something that requires great thought (not in-depth analysis, perhaps, but more than a passing glance).


Many times I just opt for something oversized that co-ordinates with my outfit of choice. I can fit pretty much everything -- including a travel blow dryer -- into it and off I go. Sure, my shoulder might ache a bit, but such is the price of fashion and a well-stocked purse.

Then there are days where I know I will be heading out after work for dinner or drinks. This is situation more suited for a clutch, which holds all my essentials for the night (lip gloss, cards, ID, keys and BlackBerry). The problem with that is everything else I might need for the day doesn't make the cut -- things like a note pad, pens, business cards and holder, a full makeup kit (you never know), etc.


So what to do? My advice is to opt for a great day bag -- one that's big enough to hold a stylish clutch that you can pull out in case you decide to head out for the night and don't want to lug around a veritable suitcase.


Here's a look at some of this summer hottest trends in purses and handbags.



Sweet and simple: Excess is being replaced with subtlety this summer. Look for bags with simple lines, basic shapes and not a lot of hardware. Classic structured totes and relaxed hobos are two great options -- and both are large enough to accommodate a clutch.

Jewel tones: While classic blacks and browns will never go out of fashion, this summer, be bold and sport a splash of colour. Luscious, juicy shades such as regal purple, fresh greens, canary yellow and royal blues are playful and fun.

Floral appliqués: Whether oversized petals, big bold blooms or lacy floral adornments, it's all about flower power this summer.

Glitz and glam: While your day purse/handbag shouldn't scream "party like a rock star," your clutch has every right to sparkle and shine. Metallic hues, rhinestone embellishments, oversized baubles and even sequins add a little pizzazz to your tiny nighttime accessory.

Then I have a good online shop to introduce for you. It is the www.savefromchina.com. There supply the handbags for wholesale. They do the wholesale from China with the fair price for customers. They warrant the quality of the designer handbags. A nifty idea, I think, and a great way to gather the girls for a night of fashion and fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment